Fortune 500 client seeks an IT Project Analyst to join their team in a hybrid contract role (combination of work from home and onsite) in Detroit, MI. Manages both technical and functional scope and provides oversight on various IT projects, including the development of preliminary project scope, scope definitions, estimates, and conducts scope reviews. Solves complex problems and provides technical and analytical skills in information technology or related disciplines. This position interfaces with clients, documents business requirements, creates business cases and executes formal test plans. Makes decisions on identified project issues and establishes methods for the department to resolve. Serves as a lead and provides coaching and training to less experienced employees.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among their 10,000 employees
- Supports education, employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, arts, and culture
- Documents and manages both technical and functional scope of projects including revising work scope document, documenting processes, soliciting input, and acquiring approvals, to ensure accurate delivery of project deliverables (process mapping tools such as Visio, etc.)
- Facilitates or leads development and standardization of documentation based on feedback from a variety of cross-functional sources
- Works in conjunction with project managers to develop and monitor issues, risks, lessons learned, as well as coordinating with the technical and functional project teams
- Works with organizational teams to ensure requirements align with the scope of the project and provides input to the in-scope analysis for sourcing projects
- Validates and verifies that project requirement traceability exists in all phases
- Oversees project testing to ensure proper coverage is in place and aligned to project requirements. Reviews, validates, and verifies that test metrics are captured (e.g., number of features, requirements, and test cases) (reporting tools knowledge of Excel, Power BI, etc.)
- Confirms that project deliverables are in alignment with company standards and practices
- Utilizes a variety of operating system principles and tools to facilitate effective and innovative solutions that improve process design in all areas of supported platforms
- Gathers and analyzes complex data in order to recommend improvements, techniques, and/or solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Knowledge of IT Project Management processes, support services, with solid knowledge of analysis and accepted IT processes and methodologies (waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Understanding and ability to independently apply fundamental business and leadership skills including planning, organizing, verbal and written communication, research and analysis, decision making, negotiation, problem solving, ethics and tolerance, interpersonal relationships, personal/professional balance, and continued professional growth
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships to foster a positive work environment, participates as a team member and leads teams with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Advanced knowledge and experience with defining scope, requirements, tracking and analyzing metrics for requirement coverage, etc.
- IT Testing/Quality Assurance Experience to ensure project is delivered with high quality. Quality tools experience (ALM, Dev Ops, etc.)
- Knowledge/skills using continuous improvement tools, (i.e., After Action Reviews, Process Mapping) and other project management tools (requirements, quality, communications, etc.)
- Competent in multi-tasking – the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives that require innovation, teamwork and planning
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities and embrace new/evolving responsibilities
- Copes with multiple demands from superiors, peers, and/or subordinate in a positive and evenhanded fashion and displays a calm demeanor under pressure
- Pay range is up to $120K annually ($55 to $60 an hour, commensurate with experience)
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K)
- 2-year contract opportunity with possible extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!