Our Fortune 500 client is looking for a Desktop Engineer to join their team in Detroit, MI. The Desktop Engineer ensures the reliability and stability of assigned desktop productivity platforms and applications. Completes technical tasks, leads projects, troubleshoots issues, and research new methods and systems to support the endpoint experience with our client.
Why you want to work here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among our 10,000 employees
- Helps make our cities thriving places to live, work and play by supporting education and employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, and arts and culture
- Working with multiple teams to deliver upgrades, updates, patches, & deployment of new and existing enterprise applications (e.g. Java, Antivirus, Internet Explorer etc.)
- Communicate endpoint technology trends, issues, and outages to management and peers, including making recommendations for desktop productivity applications and upgrades
- Perform, test, and oversee upgrades to new versions of Microsoft Office and Operating Systems as needed
- Assist in SNOW server software upgrades
- Work hand in hand with IT Business Relationship Management teams to help design and deliver endpoint desktop productivity related solutions
- Research, evaluate and recommend new desktop, laptop and mobile devices for the environment
- Generate endpoint related reporting to management
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution to large-scale endpoint issues utilizing endpoint management and scripting tools
- Provide documentation, training and knowledge transfer to Level 1 and 2 Endpoint staff
- Serve as Level 3 escalation for endpoint related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field
- 8 years of relevant technical work experience
- SNOW Engineer certification preferred
- Experience working with PowerShell, vbscript, Custom SQL and reporting
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) are a plus
- $90K to $110K annually, dependent on experience
- Full suite of medical benefits offered
- 2-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or direct hire
If you feel your skills match this position. Please submit your resume for consideration.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 22 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!