Our client, a global testing, certification, inspection and training provider, is seeking a Direct Hire Electrical Field Engineer in San Diego, CA.
Why Work Here
- Known around the world for safety and certainty, reliability and impartiality
- More than 150 years and 24,000 global employees strong
- One stop solutions provider for six industry sectors
- Their seal of approval is found on many common household electronics
- Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks while exceeding deadlines
- Conduct Field Labelling Evaluations in accordance with program requirements. Interpret and apply applicable test standards
- Effectively schedule and execute assigned evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers
- Execute all work with a professional manner
- Liaise with other staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of methods and interpretations
- Participate in and promote process improvements, as well as create and evaluate new product test requirements and strategies
- Provide travel and expense cost estimates as requests
- Report and track defects found during testing. Record test data, technical information and other details. Generate and revise test documents and reports (SOP’s, datasheets, methods, etc.)
- Review pre-evaluation documents to understand objectives of assignment prior to start of service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or technical education and directly related experience
- 2+ years of directly related inspection and test experience evaluating machinery in accordance with ANSI/NFPA/UL standards
- Strong engineering knowledge and understanding of test requirements, manufacturing processes, drawings and standards
- Knowledge of US regulatory standards and code requirements
- Ability to travel to US client sites; frequent overnight travel required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal, written, active listening, and technical writing skills
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with customers and external/internal project teams
- Experience with NEC NFPA 70 and US standards, including NFPA 79, UL508A, UL61010-1, UL61800-5-1, UL2202, ANSI/RIA R15.06, UL 1740, etc. Prior work in electrical code inspections is a plus
- Pay ranges from $90K to $100K annually, commensurate with experience
- Direct hire opportunity with paid holidays/vacation and benefits
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume today.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!