Our client is looking for a Chemical Research Technician to join their team in Carlsbad, CA. The primary responsibility will be running purification systems of organosilane and organometallic compounds. The person is expected to be a hands on, results-oriented self-starter.
Why Work Here
- An agile organization relentlessly focused on building on our global technology leadership and establishing a reputation for quality, safety and reliability
- Earned Gold Award from Encina Wastewater Authority (EWA) for meeting stringent discharge limits, undergoing unannounced inspections and sampling verify compliance
- Our client received the “Excellent Performance Award” by the world’s largest dedicated semiconductor foundry
- Support basic research, new product development, applications engineering activities, as well as additional electronic customers
- Perform large scale synthesis and purification of new compounds
- Collaborate with analytical group on the analysis of samples
- Routinely document results and give oral presentations on the project status to the team
- Maintain and operate various equipment including reactors, rotavapors, distillation apparatus
- Maintain and clean various containers including glassware and stainless-steel vessels
- Follow instructions to synthesize new compounds in regular laboratory scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- 5 years of industrial experience working in a chemical laboratory setting
- Experience in wet chemistry analysis, metals analysis, particle analysis, or spectroscopy/chromatography analysis
- Able to understand chemistry with synthetic skills including hands-on experience with handling hazardous and air-sensitive materials
- Experience with operation and maintenance of inert atmosphere gloveboxes
- Hands-on experience in building/ putting together lab equipment
- Strong mechanical skills for repairs, trouble shootings and installation of reactors, distillation apparatus and large-scale rotavapor etc.
- Experience with scale up or small volume purification is preferred
- Pay is $40K-$50K per year ($20-$25 per hour)
- 1-year contract opportunity with the potential for extension or direct hire
- Full suite of benefits offered (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume today!
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!