Our Client is currently seeking a Safety Data Specialist to join their team in Temecula, CA. The individual will support the company by completing the data mining of chemical and/or biological formulations required for GHS hazard assessments. The right candidate will have experience converting chemical formulations in the proper compositional format required for GHS hazard classification by the Regulatory support teams. Must be able to work with internal and external customers, and is comfortable working closely with Supply Chain, Operations, and Quality teams.
- Ensure that the company meets current and future product Regulatory compliance requirements including the implementation of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for the classification and labeling of hazardous chemicals
- Data mine the chemical formulation of products to support GHS hazard assessments for Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for the company’s commercial and research products in compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations
- Communicate with various departments to ensure detailed compositional and physical property data required for the product’s hazard assessment are provided. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data
- Communicate with external suppliers to request detailed compositional and physical property data required for hazard assessment. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data
- Identify the final product formulation and convert the formulation into the compositional format required for GHS hazard classification
- Partner with toxicologist and other regulatory personnel to ensure compositional data meets product safety and compliance requirements
- Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers
- Create and maintain product reports and documentation as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology or other life sciences
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in a biological or chemical company
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP EHS and/or Oracle preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex databases
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to accurately manage large amounts of detailed information
- Pay ranges from $20 to $25 per hour ($40K to $50K annually), commensurate with experience
- Optional participation in benefits plans (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume today.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter from cyber-inc.com!