Our Fortune 500 Client is seeking a Backup Administrator to join their team in Detroit, MI. The Back-up Administrator will provide technical and administrative services for the customer in a highly complex storage and backup environments.
Strong Avamar experience is required. EMC Certification is HIGHLY preferred
- Analyze complex hardware and software issues associated with backup-related technologies, including Avamar, Data Domain, Data Protection Advisor and Enterprise Vault
- Implement new data protection solutions, manage change, and add backup policies in a large-scale, mission-critical storage environment
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Demonstrate domain knowledge in storage, data management and data protection technologies and be able apply the knowledge of these methodologies to the storage, protection, retention, reclamation, and disaster recovery
- Report on performance and capacities and make allocation recommendations based on trending
- Develop recommendations in support of any project objectives.
- Develop logical and physical technical artifacts for review
- Work closely with external vendors and other personnel in order to optimize and facilitate the best solution to meet the needs of the business
- EMC Certified Professional with over 8 years of experience in IT industry and 5 years of experience in Backup implementation, Architecture, administration and troubleshooting
- EMC Backup and Recovery technologies Avamar, Data Domain and Data Protection Advisor
- Proficient in performing zoning configuration on different fiber channel switches for storage and tape libraries
- Experience in 24X7 / on-call support in a datacenter environment with more than 500 servers
- Pay ranges from $50 to $55 per hour ($100K to $110K annually), commensurate with experience
- Optional participation in benefits plans (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- 1- year contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter from cyber-inc.com!