Our client is looking for a Construction Manager for their Grand Rapids, MI location. In this role, you will be responsible for overall management of the construction management team within a vertically integrated design and construction firm. This position will direct quality, cost and scheduling initiatives for effective delivery of projects. This position will also be overseeing our construction team members.
- Lead the team by driving business development activities, budgeting, proposal preparation, and contract execution
- Develop successful strategies for growth, building on the success of our designer-led construction management model
- Maintain a supportive work environment to keep our employees motivated and productive
- Responsible for successful overall management of construction project performance including financial, schedule, and subcontract management
- Work with both public and private entities in the development and construction of new or existing facilities such as municipal water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure, commercial, and industrial projects
- Supervise select group of employees and support staff. Manage and coach the team and be responsible for coordinating the career development and performance of all assigned staff
- Function as a liaison between engineering and construction. Direct and coordinate work with cross-functional teams across all project phases from conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design, and construction
- Develop and maintain positive team, client and contractor relationships while representing the firm in an upbeat and professional manner
- Foster a culture of safety
- Deliver on-budget, on-time profitable performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- At least 10 years of progressive construction experience, including project and construction management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and knowledge of construction methods and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of construction practices and safety regulations
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, life, disability)
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. If you believe this position to be a good fit with your skills, please submit your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!