The New Year is a great time to reflect on where you want to be in life. Spend some time reflecting on what happened in 2013, but look forward to where you want to be in 2014. Most of us think about the total of our lives, this year spend some time reflecting on your business goals. Some helpful suggestions to make your 2014 business resolutions;
- Enjoy your job! Most of us spend 40 hours+ a week at the office. Smile, Laugh, Engage in conversation! Get to know the people around you. Get involved!
- Learn, Educate, Expand your knowledge of what you do! Figure out why you do it! Don’t wait for someone to tell you to use your brain. Find a mentor or mentor someone.
- Set your own goals, work with your manager on setting goals. Post them where you can see them and work towards them every day.
- Join a Project team!
- Make suggestions at work on how to improve your environment!
- Set a resolution to get your work done before the deadline.
- Work Smarter.
- Be helpful to your team.
Remember that working is a lifetime endeavor. Whether you are at the start, middle or towards the end of your career, you have something to contribute, something to learn…work is just a part of your journey of life!