Our client is seeking a Senior Construction Field Superintendent to join their team. The selected candidate will provide advisory services and field oversight of construction activities for new commercial buildings being erected. The Superintendent will travel 100% of the time and be located at the project site. Client provides a vehicle, phone, and PC, and pays for a monthly trip home.
This is a heavy travel position (candidates will be work from various construction sites – mostly in the south and most of those along the Gulf Coast). Houston is best home base location, but not required.
Why Work Here
- Colleagues who are talented, caring and driven to win
- Challenging and interesting work that makes a difference
- Broad opportunities for growth and development in a global company
- Rewards for your achievements and respect as a valued member of the team
- A collaborative environment where you are inspired to build lasting relationships
- Will be responsible for managing the construction of the assigned projects, focusing on Safety, Quality, Schedule, and Cost
- Directly manages the contractors selected for the project
- Work with the home office Supervisor and Project Engineering Team to resolve technical issues
- Will be involved in field activities to assess and influence safety and quality, and have a good understand of progress and productivity
- Develop, drive, and enforce a progressive safety program with the goal of zero incidents
- Serving in an Advisor Role keeping the best interests as a priority by quickly identifying and elevating issues (safety, risk management, quality, schedule, cost) to the Project Manager
- Managing Lump Sum Contracts with extras and Reimbursable Contracts
- Execute work practices (e.g. Job Safety Assessments, Safety Audits, Quality Assurance, Security Protocols, and Progress Measurement)
- Provide daily update and Weekly Superintendent Reports to the Project Manager (Weekly Meetings Notes, General Updates, and Contract Administration, Safety, Quality, and Progress issues)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field desired
- 10+ years of demonstrated record of high performance of direct Commercial Construction experience
- Experience with front-end E&I activities
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of success in safety, quality, contract management, and planning
- Must be willing to travel as needed, most of the time (Houston is ideal home base location, but not required)
- Up to $125K annually (pay is $500 per day)
- Expenses and/or Per Diem available for travel
- Full suite of benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) offered
- 1-year contract with the potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!