Our Fortune 500 client is currently seeking an SAP Basis Engineer to join their team in Detroit, MI. The selected candidate will work as a team member to provide Level 2 support, makes recommendations, supports and may lead projects, and participates in and may lead the development and/or research of advanced technologies. The selected candidate provides ongoing infrastructure support, analyzing the SAP use/design and participates in future planning of infrastructure. This is an individual contributor role.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among our 10,000 employees
- Helps make our cities thriving places to live, work and play by supporting education and employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, and arts and culture
- Works as a team member to provide second level engineering support for trouble ticket/problem resolution for SAP; provides problem definition and resolution using existing procedures
- Design hardware and software architectures for Open Systems Client Server or Object Oriented Web based environments and in the development and/or research of advanced technologies in areas such as “n-tier” Client/Server computer, Internet and web technologies, Open Systems computing standards, Open Systems Hardware vendor products and services, participate in process design and documentation, and provide application tool support
- Supports and may lead projects to ensure on-time and in-budget implementation to support the achievement of business unit strategic plans
- Makes recommendations regarding development/definition/management of process design standards and new technologies and techniques for managing SAP resources in the areas of disk management, backup and recovery of systems, as well as system performance and capacity planning
- Configures server infrastructure support and assistance for new SAP applications and business projects to ensure integration into the existing infrastructure
- Assists with and participates in formal presentations; develops and delivers informal presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Initial and/or periodic drug or fit for duty testing; the physical ability to work in a power plant environment (e.g. climb stairs, work in hot, confined environments); and flexibility to perform on-call responsibilities to provide off-hours support as scheduled
- Works reliably and independently; takes ownership of problems in own area of knowledge and expertise for the quality of own work and team output; provides guidance and technical training to less experienced SAP Basis Engineering staff and IT personnel
- Experience in leading projects and using project management tools
- Up to $125K annually, commensurate with experience
- Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, etc. offered
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today!
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 23 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!