Our client, a global testing, certification, inspection and training provider, is seeking two Direct Hire Automotive RF (EMC) Test Engineers to join their team in Plymouth, MI.
Why Work Here
- Known around the world for safety and certainty, reliability and impartiality
- More than 150 years and 24,000 global employees strong
- One stop solutions provider for six industry sectors
- Their seal of approval is found on many common household electronics
- Perform RF immunity and emission testing per international automotive EMC standards and test procedures.
- Review test plans and specifications prior to test, write technical reports, and communicate both orally and in writing with customers
- Work with Account Executives and Customer Service Administrators to determine customer testing requirements and charges for required tests and other services
- Manage client projects, including gathering pretest information, answering customer questions regarding upcoming projects, and issuing work to any sub-contractors involved
- Keep abreast of the latest EMC design theory, including detailed theoretical knowledge in the technical areas of shielding, filtering, grounding, bonding, cabling, gasketing, waveguides, and printed circuit board layout methods
- Maintain knowledge of proper operational procedures of all test equipment including spectrum analyzers, EMC receivers, preamplifiers, quasi-peak adapters, signal/impulse generators, antennas, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Assure proper calibration and functioning of all test equipment
- Keep abreast of current EMC standards, test procedures, instrumentation, technology and engineering service capabilities by internal training sessions, external seminars, and reading technical articles
- Perform other tasks as directed by Product Manager/EMC. Shift work may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience of operating/repairing/maintaining RF equipment for EMC Regulatory testing
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers
- Exposure to the automotive industry and/or related electronic products
- Ability to apply and understand advanced concepts of electrical and/or mechanical nature
- Experience in service environment and project management is helpful
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to plan and organize giving attention to detail and follow-through
- Must be able to work independently
- Pay ranges from $60K to $65K annually, commensurate with experience
- Direct hire opportunity with our client
- Paid holidays and vacation, full site of benefits offered
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!