Fortune 500 client seeks an experienced Network Engineer to join their team in Detroit, MI.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among their 10,000 employees
- Supports education, employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, arts, and culture
- Provides ongoing infrastructure support, analyzing network use/design and participates in future planning of infrastructure
- Provides design, deployment and level 1 to level 2 engineering support for technologies which may include microwave, WiMAX, structured cabling, mesh technologies, radio
- Provides problem definition and resolution using existing procedures and may develop and enhance engineering procedures
- Provides configurations for telecommunications infrastructure and provides installation assistance for new applications and business projects to ensure integration into the existing infrastructure
- Provides input on configurations for telecommunications infrastructure support
- Consults with application teams on proper design and use of technologies and tools
- Provides planning and time estimates for own assignments, works independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Information Technology (IT) discipline
- 3+ years of experience with Network Engineering in a large data center/network environment
- Cisco certification such as CCNA or CCNP, strong knowledge of routers and switches
- Experience with HP Network Node Manager (NNM)
- Able to report onsite in Detroit, MI (2-3 days onsite per week)
- Pay range is up to $88K annually ($40 to $44 per hour, commensurate with experience)
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, etc.)
- Long-term employment opportunity, initially contract with potential for extension and/or direct hire
- Day shift, Monday to Friday, with some potential to work (and get paid) beyond 40 hours per week
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter from cyber-inc.com!