Our Fortune 500 client is seeking a Network Engineer to join their Operations team in Detroit, MI. The Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer works on-site in the command center which is staffed 24x7x365. The NOC Engineer uses various tools to monitor the health of data center physical computing assets, network assets, application software, and environmental assets. This opening is for the Midnight Shift (Monday Friday) with occasional weekends.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among their 10,000 employees
- Supports education, employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, arts, and culture
- Monitor network, respond to alarms and engage/escalate trouble tickets with vendors as required
- Monitor Site Scan, respond to any alarms in the infrastructure of the Computer Operations Center including air conditioners, PDU’s and UPS’s
- Monitor Load Watch, check the status of generators
- Support batch job scheduling, respond to unexpected failures by escalating and interacting with application support teams for running on-demand batch jobs
- Write trouble tickets in Service Now and Maximo for alarms, engage appropriate teams to correct issues
- Provide Level 1 help desk support for off-hour calls
- 3 years of Network Operations Engineering (NOC) experience, with Level 1 and 2 support
- Technical knowledge of networks, LANs, WANs, circuits, and cabling systems
- Experience with one or more: routers/switches, fiber technologies and ethernet technologies
- Knowledge of First Hop Redundancy Protocol (HSRP)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, OSI Model and ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Data Center Environmental systems (fire (FM200), A/C, Back-up power (generators/UPS)
- Knowledge of Batch job scheduling (dependencies, schedules, job, prompts)
- Familiarity with one or more: Site Scan, Maestro, Network Node Manager (NNM), dcTrack, PowerIQ, Dynatrace
- Familiarity with Fiber (DWDM, SONET) technology
- Familiarity with Aviat Microwave technology
- Familiarity and certification with Cisco products: Wireless Network, Nexus Switches, Routing and Switching
- Proficient with HP Network Node Manager (NNM)
- Ready, willing, and able to work ON-SITE MIDNIGHT SHIFT on a permanent basis
- Pay range is up to $110K annually ($50 to $55 per hour, commensurate with experience)
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, etc.)
- Long-term employment opportunity, initially contract with potential for extension and/or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter from cyber-inc.com!