Our Fortune 500 client is currently looking for a Materials Management Specialist located in Palmetto, FL. This position ensures the availability of vendors/materials required for plant operations to include direct and indirect material. This opportunity will require travel between sites of up to 25%.
Why Work Here
- For over 70 years they have had a reputation for operational excellence, an innovative culture, and commitment to the environment and safety
- With over 14,000 employees in over 45 countries, they serve 150,000+ customers in over 30 industries
- Verify material availability for potential or new projects in conjunction with cost engineers, project engineers and others
- Source new vendors as needed where duplicate sources or new sources are required
- Assist material management specialists to ensure the continuity of materials required for manufacturing and plant operations
- Investigate work process improvements for cycle time and cost reductions opportunities
- Achieve lowest total evaluated purchase cost to maximize return on investment
- Drive continuous improvements and cost reductions with suppliers
- Develop and execute supply strategies
- Utilize ERP/MRP to procure and manage supply/demand
- Participate and manage the team vendor assessments/audits
- Responsible for quality management systems pertaining to vendor sourcing and approval
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Supply Chain Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar materials procuring/sourcing role is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and with MRP/ERP systems, SAP Preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude with ability to procure material to include machined, forged, and formed components in addition to plate and pipe
- Experience with various grades of material, ASME/ASTM codes, and engineering specifications
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Pay is up to $72K annually ($36 per hour)
- Paid holidays (after reaching tenure)
- Full suite of benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) offered
- Contract-to-hire opportunity
If this 2- year assignment sounds like an exciting career opportunity to you, send us your resume to take the first step to a new job with a global employer.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 23 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients. A Top Contingency Search Firm per the Austin Business Journal (September 2017).
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!