Our Fortune 500 client is seeking a Linux Puppet Administrator to join their headquarters’ team in Detroit, MI. This role will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining servers utilizing Enterprise Red Hat and Linux/AIX platforms.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among their 10,000 employees
- Supports education, employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, arts, and culture
- Independently resolves Linux/AIX issues to mitigate and minimize outages
- Codes, tests, and deploys software via puppet codes and troubleshoots problems
- Supports and troubleshoots virtual hosts within IBM power systems and VMWare environment
- Manages manifests and modules via GitHub
- Ensures systems are current by installing new software releases, system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches to meet all government security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years of operations and system administration utilizing Linux/AIX (Version 5 or newer), HPUX, Azure, ServiceNow, VMWare vSphere, ESX, Git, and puppet management tools
- Ability to troubleshoot server and workstation hardware across several manufacturers and platforms
- Extensive knowledge of multiple network protocols including SSH, FTP, NFS, SFTP, TFTP
- Availability for on-call or weekend hours
- Pay range is up to $120K annually ($55 to $60 per hour, commensurate with experience)
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k. etc.)
- Contract opportunity (onsite in Detroit, some remote) with potential for extension and/or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!