Our Fortune 500 client is currently looking to fill multiple Gas and Chemical Technician roles located in a world class high tech manufacturing facility in North Austin. The ideal individual will have a good mechanical, electrical, and industrial background. Once selected for hire you will complete an on-the-job training program to develop the fundamental knowledge needed for safety and success. This opportunity has the potential for career and pay advancement. You will receive safety and on-the-job training.
Why Work Here
- An agile organization relentlessly focused on building on our global technology leadership and establishing a reputation for quality, safety and reliability
- Recognizing the critical role industries play in protecting the environment, the Encina Wastewater Authority (EWA) honored our client with its prestigious Gold Award. Earning this distinction requires that businesses meet stringent discharge limits and undergo unannounced inspections and sampling by EWA personnel to verify compliance
- Our client received the “Excellent Performance Award” by the world’s largest dedicated semiconductor foundry, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC)
- Perform container changes (bottles, drums, totes, bulk tankers)
- Perform alarm response for delivery equipment
- Perform non-invasive preventative maintenance using documented procedures
- Update electronic equipment log
- Troubleshooting/adjustments of regulators, pumps, and transducers
- During some tasks, the technician will be required to climb 15ft. ladders, wear fall protection and work from an elevated platform
- 12-hour shifts with an alternating schedule of 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next
- Rotate from days to nights every 3 months
- Associate’s degree in Chemical/Manufacturing/Mechanical is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, hands-on technical and/or electronics experience preferred
- Strong team players willing to work rotating shifts, on-call schedule, holidays, weekends or off shifts (opportunities for overtime pay)
- Able to perform physical labor including lifting and carrying 25-50 lbs
- Frequent movements including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching above shoulders, pushing and pulling
- At times, will need to wear protective equipment such as respirator and ear plugs
- At all times, will need to read and repeatedly follow detailed written process instructions
- Up to $40K annually ($17.25 per hour days and $18.25 per hour nights)
- Optional participation in benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
This is a 2-year assignment with strong potential to become a permanent employee! If this sounds like an exciting career opportunity to you, send us your resume to take the first step to a new job with a global employer.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!