Our client, a leading manufacturer of battery cables and wire harnesses, seeks an Engineering Team Lead to join their team in Southfield, MI (operating REMOTE currently). The selected candidate will deliver assigned projects by serving as the technical and program deliverable lead, responsible for product design and development from prototype to production with direct management responsibility of Engineers and CAD Designers. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with this global client.
Why Work Here
- Employee satisfaction: We support our employees in their development through individual training and long-term activities. Regular employee surveys serve as important feedback.
- Customer satisfaction: Being close to our customers means listening to individual problems. Our goal is long-lasting customer relationships with strong partners.
- Commitment to research and innovation: In our three key markets – automotive, industrial and elevator – we are technical pioneers. We actively exploit synergies between the different industrial sectors.
- Stability: From the founding over 75 years ago, there has been growth into an international group of companies that continue to be family owned.
- Ownership of program change control, product improvements, technical and cost issues during the entire product development cycle
- Collaborate closely with sales team on technical business development
- Travel (post COVID) as needed to customers, suppliers, and company locations
- Represent Engineering at all technical and design review program meetings
- Manage DVP&R and DFMEA in collaboration with global teams
- Initiate and lead regional benchmarking activity
- Provide technical support and guidance to cross functional teams globally
- Drive cross functional teams to achieve all program milestones
- Interface with company management and escalate issues as appropriate
- Collaborate across departments globally to ensure compliance to core processes and methods
- Provide supervision and ongoing feedback via recurring meetings, annual performance reviews
- Mentor less experienced engineers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical), Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in product development, relationships with Automotive OEM customers
- 5+ years of management experience within Automotive Tier I supplier
- Experience in relevant core processes (product development, project/cost management)
- Demonstrated experience in multicultural work environment is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and close actions items to meet internal and external deadlines
- Excellent communications, organization, and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- DIRECT HIRE up to $85K annually, commensurate with experience
- 10 paid vacation days and 5 paid personal/sick days, 13 paid holidays (28 total)
- 401K Retirement Plan- Employer matching up to 4%
- Employer Paid: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.