Our Fortune 500 client is looking for a Desktop Engineer to join their team in Detroit, MI. The Desktop Engineer ensures the reliability and stability of assigned desktop productivity platforms and applications. Completes technical tasks, leads projects, troubleshoots issues, and research new methods and systems to support the endpoint experience with our client.
Why you want to work here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among our 10,000 employees
- Helps make our cities thriving places to live, work and play by supporting education and employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, and arts and culture
- Administer the 10,000+ license agents installed in the enterprise to ensure agent health
- Monitor adds/moves/changes to the corporate network to validate that the license inventory is accurate
- Assist in license mgmt. server software upgrades
- Responsible for working with multiple teams to deliver upgrades, updates, patches, & deployment of new and existing enterprise applications (e.g. Java, Antivirus, Internet Explorer etc.)
- Communicate endpoint technology trends, issues and outages to management and peers, including making recommendations for desktop productivity applications and upgrades
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution to large scale endpoint issues utilizing endpoint management and scripting tools
- Provide documentation, training and knowledge transfer to Level 1 and 2 Endpoint staff
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field
- 7 years of relevant technical work experience
- Experience working with PowerShell, vbscript, Custom SQL and reporting
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) are a plus
- SCCM Experience would be a plus
- Up to $120K annually ($50-$60 per hour) dependent on experience
- Full suite of medical benefits offered
- 2-year contract opportunity with the possibility for extension or direct hire
If you feel your skills match this position. Please submit your resume for consideration
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 22 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients. A Top Contingency Search Firm per the Austin Business Journal (September 2017).
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!