Our Fortune 500 client is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join their team located in Detroit, MI. The Senior Data Scientist will be instrumental in supporting large business unit or enterprise-level analytics projects with broad responsibilities for translating business requirements into analytical constructs and providing analytical insights for effective decision making and communicating effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders with strong domain expertise and business acumen.
Why work here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among our 10,000 employees
- Helps make our cities thriving places to live, work and play by supporting education and employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, and arts and culture
- Supports analytics projects and collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to complete end-to-end analyses that includes business requirements, data gathering, analysis, scale-able solutions deliverables, including visualizations and presentations
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships, and proactively recommends areas of improvement
- Develops complex data sets and predictive models to support key decisions to improve safety, employee engagement, operational and financial efficiency, product quality, and customer satisfaction
- Prepares and delivers insightful presentations and actionable recommendations. Educates others on complex analytical findings in basic terms and with storytelling and data visualization
- Implements new, industry-leading statistical, mathematical, machine learning or other methodologies for modeling or analyses
- Champions self-service reporting capability and use of business intelligence and statistical tools to advance the analytical capabilities of the organization and use of data to make data-driven decisions
- Master’s degree (Ph.D preferred) with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Econometrics, etc.) and 5 years of experience working in a data analytical or computer programming function;
- Experience in quantitative analytics e.g., data mining, regression analysis, hypothesis testing, A/B testing, machine learning modeling, including multivariate statistical analysis, natural language processing, unsupervised and supervised learning, deep learning, and predictive modeling, and model optimization in production
- Intermediate- to advanced-level knowledge and skills in data modeling, data structure, and the application of complex SQL queries with data from multiple sources, including a Big Data platform (e.g., Hadoop, AWS, Azure)
- Proficient programming skills such as SQL, C/C++/C#, Java, R, Python, PHP, or SAS
- Have in-depth experience developing models in a Big Data cloud environment and deploying and overseeing models running in production
- Adept at leveraging the Microsoft Azure platform and its AI and machine learning tools
- Intermediate-level skills and experience with data mining and statistical analysis using analytical packages / tools
- Intermediate- to advanced-level skills and experience in articulating business questions, pulling data from relational databases and using advanced excel and statistical tools, and determining the appropriate analytical approach to conduct in-depth analysis to support decision making
- Adept with multiple business intelligence tools and platforms (e.g., SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI.)
- $130K to 140K annually ($65 to $70 per hour)
- Full suite of benefits while under contract offered (Medical, Dental, Vision, Etc.)
- Contract position with the opportunity for extension and possibly direct hire
If you feel that your skills match this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!