Our Fortune 500 Client is seeking a Data Engineer to join their growing team to build a modernized Data Ecosystem in Wilmington, DE. The individual will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, modernizing the data ecosystem with open source technologies, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs
- Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Create data tools for Analytics and Data Scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing the product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with Data and Analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in data systems
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka
- Relational SQL, Snowflake and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: NiFi, Kylo, Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban
- AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, PySpark, Scala
- Pay is up to $120K annually (up to $60 per hour), commensurate with experience
- Full suite of benefits offered (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc.)
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter from cyber-inc.com!