Our client, a growing management consulting firm, is seeking a Cost Engineer to join their team in Northville, MI. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the client-facing Cost Engineering Team. This role supports cross-functional project teams at client sites to develop bottoms-up product cost models and recommend strategies to reduce product cost.
Why Work Here
- Committed to high quality, every team member trained to the highest standard
- Subsidiary of global automotive leader
- Collect and evaluate client provided data and information (e.g. technical drawings, volume, and manufacturing location requirements)
- Use proprietary cost calculation software to build bottoms-up product cost calculations
- Perform analyses, test model parameter sensitivities, and interpret results to identify cost drivers
- Visit suppliers to validate and update cost calculation inputs and parameters, and help to identify product cost reduction opportunities
- Prepare for VA/VE product cost workshops and supplier negotiations
- Support creation and transfer of project deliverables to client
- Communicate project progress, findings and next steps to client (orally and/or written)
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Engineering Economics or related
- 3+ years of experience in product design, engineering, or manufacturing
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and expertise in at least one process area (e.g., stamping, welding, casting, etc.)
- Exhibits enthusiasm for their work and enjoys meeting new people
- Able to travel to client locations (up to about 50%)
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Direct hire opportunity with our client
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 23 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!