Our Fortune 500 client, a manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is looking for a Civil Structural Designer to join their Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, PA. The selected candidate will be responsible for the civil/structural design of foundations and structures required for facilities including Air Separation Units, Hydrocarbon Processing Units, and LNG Facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in Civil Foundation Design & Structural Steel Design for the petrochemical and/or power industry.
Why Work Here
- For over 70 years they have had a reputation for operational excellence, an innovative culture, and commitment to the environment and safety
- With over 14,000 employees in over 45 countries, they serve 150,000+ customers in over 30 industries
- Design a variety of industrial and chemical process type facilities
- Gather information from sources including vendors, engineers, reference drawings and catalogs
- Work closely with lead structural engineers and other designers to prepare Smart (S3D) models of foundation systems and create civil drawings and construction packages
- Participate in design reviews with other disciplines to evaluate design concepts
- Create basic conceptual S3D structural modeling
- Create and populate 2D drawings from 3D models with minimal guidance
- Participate in and foster a work environment based on openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction
- Associates degree in CAD/Drafting
10+ years of CAD experience in modeling & creating design drawings using software such as Frameworks, Microstation, Smart 3D, Smartsketch, AutoCad, etc.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience using Smart 3D for Civil and Structural Design
- Prior experience working in the petrochemical and/or power industry
- Pay is commensurate with experience; opportunity for overtime pay
- 6-month contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
- Optional participation in benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today.