Our client, a global consumer products packaging company, is looking for a Capital Assets Accountant to join their team in Manchester, MI. The ideal applicant will be responsible for managing relationships with external consultants and/or financial auditors as well as internal accounting and non-accounting professionals. Candidate will also be experienced with SAP, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and available to start immediately.
Why Work Here
- The first global packaging company pledging to develop all its packaging to be recyclable by 2025
- Was recognized in 2017 three times over by the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation
- Values safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability, results & out-performance
- Capitalize new assets in SAP system to include review of invoices for each asset, assignment of value, assignment of appropriate book life, asset class, start date and location of each asset for the internal books and all Tax books
- Ensure proper classification of items between capital and project expense based on established policy
- Calculate depreciation expense for budget planning, includes existing assets, CIP assets, current fiscal year forecast spending and new budget year capital expenditures
- Generate monthly CIP reports by plant and project
- Generate monthly forecast capital spending by project
- Support other business initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years general accounting experience
- Understanding of fixed asset principles
- Experience with SAP, strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Pay is up to $90K ($40 to $45 per hour), commensurate with experience
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire with this global manufacturer
- Full suite of benefits offered (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!