Our Client is currently seeking an Applications Engineer to join their Single-Use & System R&D team in Bedford, MA. The Applications Engineer will lead the applications development activities on project teams from product/solution concept through commercialization. By understanding the end users’ processes & perspectives, the Applications Engineer will influence product design by helping to define performance targets, and by working on cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to meet those requirements.
Why Work Here
Our Client is a leading science and technology company offering a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, their brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
- Lead applications development activities on project teams from product/solution concept through commercialization
- Influence product design by helping define performance targets and working on cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions
- Work on a cross-functional team to design state-of-the-art components, products, and/or solutions for single-use equipment used in the bioprocessing industry (mixing, filtration, purification, cell culture, sampling, etc.)
- Plan, set up, and execute laboratory experiments using bioreactors, clarification or TFF equipment, or test fixtures to simulate or directly evaluate the performance of new technologies, or new product or component prototypes
- Deliver internal and external presentations evaluating product designs and/or summarizing experimental results
- Write technical reports and application notes to support products within development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related discipline
- Prior biotechnology industry experience required
- Excellent ability to communicate through written reports, oral presentations, application notes, poster presentations, and similar media
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, vendors and supervisors
- Perfusion experience desired
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, teamwork and facilitation skills
- Pay ranges from $27.50 to $32.50 per hour ($55K to $65K annually), commensurate with experience
- Optional participation in benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- 1-year contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your experience meets the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application today!