Our client is seeking an Advance Application Engineer to join their team in Troy, MI. This job is anticipated to be a combination of REMOTE and ONSITE in the near term, may transition to more onsite at a future date.
The Advance Application Engineer (AAE) is the primary technical liaison between customers and internal teams. The position is responsible for the design (or support of the design) and development of new and maintenance of existing wire harnesses and associated components. The AAE is expected to take ownership of product designs and lead the organization to a successful launch. Works on major projects as a team member, sometimes as project lead.
- Work closely with the customer during initial harness design activity to implement Best Design Practices and Bill of Design material
- Focus on cost avoidance during preliminary design support, considering total installed and ongoing costs (warranty, service, etc.)
- Design wire harnesses, assemblies, and components to customer criteria balancing internal and customer design guidelines, procedures, and specifications
- Coordinate with CAD Designer to develop CAD models and drawings; Understand the customer sub-system packaging requirements and constraints to properly route/package the harness
- Develop DFMEA’s and DVP (test plans) and utilize information to create and validate robust product designs
- Communicate preliminary designs, drawings, and sample requirements; Coordinate delivery of samples as required to support engineering and prototype builds
- Lead/participate in Design Reviews & Project Reviews with customer representatives; Keep design and development progress on track according to schedule; Utilize Design Issues List (DIL) to track all open issues
- Advise the manufacturing organization of the customer’s expectations for proper design, production test requirements and quality level of products, and remain involved until the process is complete
- Generate cost savings ideas through product redesign or alternate materials and attend VA/VE workshops
- Provide assistance at customer locations for Pre-Production runs and problem solving
- Support internal departments ( Sales, Cost Estimating, NPI, Operations, and Advance Purchasing) by addressing technical questions through assessments, expertise, experience, research and knowledge
- Experience with wire harness design and its components
- Good understanding of design and drafting principles, procedures and specifications relating to harnesses, cables and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Good knowledge of agency (UL, CSA, etc.) and ISO / QS / TS requirements.
- Good understanding of schematic and wiring diagrams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience managing multiple projects and changing priorities
- Bachelor degree required – Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- Pay range is $65K to $70K annually ($32.50 to $35 per hour), commensurate with experience
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K)
- Contract opportunity with potential for extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job!
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!