Our client, a leading global provider of wire harnesses, subassemblies, and value-added assembly services to a variety of industries including automotive, HVAC, home appliances, construction and agricultural equipment, and others, is seeking an Advance Application Engineer to join their team in Troy, MI. The selected candidate will act as the primary liaison between the company and customers, responsible for the design/support of design and development of new and existing wire harnesses and associated components.
- Work closely with the customer during initial harness design activity to implement Best Design Practices and Bill of Material
- Review and analyze new components, materials or technologies as they apply to harness design
- Design wire harnesses, assemblies, and components to customer criteria
- Coordinate with CAD Designer to develop CAD models and drawings
- Develop DFMEA’s and DVP (test plans)
- Lead/participate in Design Reviews & Project Reviews with company and customer representatives; utilize Design Issues List (DIL) to track open issues
- Release drawings and support pre-production activities
- Generate cost savings ideas and attend VA/VE workshops
- Provide assistance at customer locations for Pre-Production runs and problem solving
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience with wire harness design and its components
- Good understanding of design and drafting principles, procedures and specifications relating to harnesses, cables and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Willing to travel to customers, suppliers and manufacturing locations
- Pay commensurate with experience, up to $85K per year
- Direct hire opportunity
- Optional participation in benefits plan
If your skills match the requirements for this challenging opportunity, please send us your resume today.
Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing is celebrating 24 years of success matching job seekers to job openings! Our goal is to delight the candidates we come to know. Consider working with Cybertech, recent winner of #1 Supplier of the Quarter for a fourth time from one our clients.
Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram from www.cyber-inc.com!