As the cold weather, holidays and end-of-year approach workers across the country are no doubt finding themselves daydreaming about curling up with a cup of hot cocoa, hitting the slopes or beating the mall crowds. Winter is the time of year many of us find ourselves dreading the walk into the office and struggle to focus once arriving. The in-laws are visiting, there’s a recital outfit to be sewn and a foot of snow that needs to be shoveled. Sometimes work duties have a lot to compete against to gain some of our dwindling attention and we find ourselves unmotivated when we sit down at our desk. If you’re one of these people, the list “6 ways to get motivated at work” is for you!
In this article, Dan Schawbel complies a list of simple strategies to ensure your focus is where it should be when you enter the office. Here’s a quick summary of what you need to do in order to make it through the workday without falling behind.
- Concentrate on one goal at a time so you don’t feel overloaded, spread too thin or like you’re not accomplishing anything.
- Choose the right goals by focusing on the parts of assignments you do like. But remember to keep in mind that even the parts you’re not thrilled about serve a purpose and must be completed.
- Schedule breaks in your day so that you can get away from work and give your mind a break. Come back rejuvenated and ready to make more progress.
- Get a support group of your co-workers and managers that hold you accountable. Be each other’s motivation when it is clear productivity is waning.
- Change your environment by checking on alternative places to work. Maybe there’s an empty conference room or desk across the office that will take away some of the distractions of your normal work-space.
- Have something to look forward to. Take some time to remember the fun things you have planned for this season like ice skating, a trip to the cabin or a couple days off of work. Remember if you put in the time now you won’t have to stress as much about work when fun events come along.
Our team here at Cybertech Recruiting and Staffing hopes these tips will help you stay productive while enjoying the holiday season this year! And we welcome your inputs via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.